Brighton, Sussex Belly Dance Classes, UK
Classes in central Brighton
There are several good teachers in Brighton, West Sussex, if you are living on the south coast, and most of these teachers have regular lessons. Below are some of the best teachers in the area. If you know any other teachers please feel free to email us at: email@example.com
Teacher: Tara Dakini
- Location: Brighton & Hove, Sussex, UK.
- Level: All levels starting with new students and then lessons for improvers and also those at intermediate level.
- Aimed at those who have never done any belly dancing before, the workshop includes a short talk on the history & development of belly dance, and a chance to learn some basic moves and a short dance. Great fun! £5, or free if you book on the 10 week course.
- 10 week beginners’ courses: Fun and friendly courses that are a great way to tone up and get fit whilst having a fun evening out. In each course we learn a new belly dance choreography as well as covering the basics of belly dance technique. Each course is 10 weeks long and suitable for complete beginners as well as those who have done some bellydancing before (most students spend a year in beginners classes before progressing on to improvers level).
- If you’d like to come along please wear loose clothing like a track suit or skirt but not jeans. We dance in bare feet or soft ballet shoes. £75 for the 10 week course. Booking essential as places are limited.
- 10 week improvers’ courses: these classes are aimed at those who already know the basic belly dancing moves, such as hip circles, hip drops, snake arms and feel confident doing them having spent already a few terms studying with me or another teacher. Improvers classes allow these students to progress to the next level. These classes are still fun and relaxing, but at the same time a bit more challenging and students will learn new more advanced movements, combinations and choreography. The cost is £79.00 for 10 weeks.
- Types Tara can also teach: I teach Egyptian style belly dance and use lively Arabic and Arabic fusion pop music in my classes. I sometimes incorporate Spanish and Tribal fusion influences into my choreography.
- Contact: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 07891769437.
- Experience & style: Tara has been teaching since 2004 and been dancing since 1998 and and is a popular teacher in the Brighton and East Sussex area. She originally learnt with Pauline Sayhi in Cambridge and has taken classes and workshops with a wide variety of teachers from the UK, US, and Egypt. She focuses on teaching good technique in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. You can book online at: www.dakinibellydance.co.uk
- Classes take place at the Dance Studio of the Brighton and Hove High School in Temple Gardens, Brighton, East Sussex.
- Levels: Hilde teaches to all levels and on different times. Email Hilde for further information.
- Styles taught: Hilde teaches tribal fusion belly dance.
- How to email Hilde: email@example.com
- Website: www.hildedancer.com
- Hilde’s Experience: With over 10 years experience and a degree in dance and visual arts and specialist diploma in choreology (Laban), Hilde has building up a respectable reputation as a teacher in the Brighton, Sussex area.
- Classes take place at Smile2Live, Davigdor Road in Hove (level 3) and Bird Studios in Vantage Point in New England Road (level1/2).
- Levels: Charlotte teaches all levels.
- Styles: Charlotte teaches American Tribal Style (ATS)
- How to contact: email Hilde at firstname.lastname@example.org (Hilde deals with all bookings for Charlotte’s classes).
- Website: www.hildedancer.com
- Experience: Charlotte specialises in ATS and is a Fat Chance Belly Dance Sister Studio (Fat Chance is the creator of this dance style). Charlotte has 10 years of experience in ATS and tribal fusion and over 5 years of experience teaching ATS.
On the dance floor in Hove.